Songbirds, rockstars… take to the stage – for your chance to win £10,000!
We’re on the lookout for Bolton’s best vocal talent to stand up on our stage and sing for our judges.
We’ve teamed up with The Bolton News and Bolton FM to bring you Bolton’s very own X Factor … minus Mr Cowell & Co… But with a WHOPPING £10,000 prize up for grabs for the winner and £3,000 and £1,000 for two runners up
So if you’re honing some serious untapped talent or you’ve got a friend who needs a little gentle nudge (read: great big shove!) to show the world what they’re made of – send them our way.
We’ll be holding heats, live in the centre every Saturday from Saturday 4th February to Saturday 8th April 2017 and two acts from each heat will be put forward for the final on 22nd April.
To book your 20 minute slot in the audition heats, just email your name, age, address, mobile number, a list of Saturday dates you are available and a photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond with the time and date of your audition.
Come prepared with a choice of two songs and either bring your own instruments or music with you on your mobile on the day (We will plug it into our sound system for you).
Terms and Conditions apply. See below for details
Market Place Shopping Centre Sing, Bolton Sing Competition Terms and Conditions
- The Market Place Shopping Centre ‘Sing, Bolton Sing’ competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom except employees of Market Place Shopping Centre, Bolton FM and The Bolton News and anyone otherwise related to or connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- All entrants under the age of 16 should be accompanied by an adult.
- All entrants should be amateur performers and not making financial gain through their talent in any way.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The route of entry is as follows: Book a slot in one of the heats by emailing email@example.com
- Only one audition will be accepted per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- The competition dates are as follows: First Audition Heat: Saturday 4th February 2017, Second Audition Heat: Saturday 11th February 2017, Third Audition Heat: Saturday 18th February 2017, Fourth Audition Heat: Saturday 25th February 2017, Fifth Audition Heat: Saturday 4th March 2017, Sixth Audition Heat: Saturday 11th March 2017, Seventh Audition Heat: Saturday 18th March 2017, Eighth Audition Heat: Saturday 25th March 2017, Ninth Audition Heat: Saturday 1st April 2017, Eleventh Audition Heat: Saturday 8th April 2017. The Finals will take place on 22nd April 2017
- No responsibility can be accepted for auditions not attended for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- To enter, you must to email your name, age, address, mobile number, a list of Saturday dates (from the above) that you are available and a photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then be allocated a date and time for your audition.
- During your audition, you will be asked to perform up to two songs within a 20 minute slot at Market Place Shopping Centre.
- The judges may end your audition at any time.
- Any promotional material relating to the competition, forms part of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: one £10,000 cash prize, one £3,000 cash prize and one £1,000 cash prize.
- There will be one winner of the competition and two runners up.
- The prize is as stated and no other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Two winners will be chosen at the end of each heat by a panel of judges which will include the promoter and or its agents, members of the public and third parties associated with the promotion.
- All members of the judging panel will be over 16 years of age.
- The winners of each heat will be notified by phone or email the first working day after they are selected. If the winners of each heat cannot be contacted, within 7 days of the final, we reserve the right to pick a replacement entry into the finals, from the same heat they were selected.
- The Winner of the final will be notified by phone or email the first working day after they are selected. If the winners of each heat cannot be contacted, within 14 days of the final, the prize will be withdrawn and handed to the runner up.
- The prize will not be delivered to the winners and must be collected from the Market Place Shopping Centre. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 14 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Market Place’s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- Market Place shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Market Place also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.