Can you believe it’s been two years (well almost!) since The Light cinema opened its doors here at Market Place? Nevertheless, we’re sure there are things you still don’t know about our very own 9 screen cinema, so we thought we’d fill you in…
Did you know?
- Customers at The Light cinema can park for FREE at Market Place? YUP. Totally FREE. Just validate your ticket at the cinema.
- Members can save up to £1 off their ticket price.
- It is FREE to become a member! (No brainer when you consider the above!)
- They have special Family AM screenings, where all tickets are just £1.95 each – perfect if your little ones are early risers.
- The Light’s Baby Friendly screenings mean that parents can catch the latest movies with their little ones in tow, without the worry of upsetting the rest of the audience. You’ll also get a FREE tea or coffee with every ticket purchased!
- There are also a variety of disability friendly screenings including Autism Friendly, Hard of Hearing friendly and Dementia Friendly screenings with the auditorium and running of the film, specially adapted for the viewer.
- The Light doesn’t just show films. You can also catch screenings of live theatre productions and concerts from around the world.
- Love the cinema so much you’ve been known to go multiple times a month? No worries. The infinity card means you can see as many films as you like for just £16.95 per month AND get 25% off food and drink (excluding alcohol).
- Their seats offer extra legroom as standard – so no more sitting with your knees under your chin for the duration of your film.
- The licenced bar sells a variety of local beers and spirits, and you can take your drink into the film with you.