Every Wednesday at 11am
If you’re looking for an excuse to get yourself, or an older member of the family out of the house more often, we have the perfect solution.
We’ve teamed up with a great selection of local businesses, groups and organisations to host a series of FREE creative and interactive workshops for senior citizens to enjoy, every Wednesday from 11am.
You’ll find the workshops on the ground floor of Market Place in the store near Debenhams.
Here’s a taste of what’s coming up …
Wednesday 25th September: Canvas art creations
- Enjoy the chance to get hands-on and create a unique piece of canvas art with paint and craft materials.
Wednesday 2nd October: Patchwork productions
- Learn how to create patchwork accessories such as broches and hair bands.
Wednesday 9th October: Potty for pottery
- The opportunity to paint and create a number of decorative items including plates, mugs and ornaments in our pottery workshop.
Wednesday 16th October: Floral workshops
- Create a floral keepsake to take home in this workshop hosted by Glassy Gardens.
Wednesday 23rd October : Tai Chi
- A gentle form of exercise which will bring health benefits to older people and those with limited mobility, through very gentle stretching and moving – it’s the ideal way to keep mobile.
Wednesday 30th October: Ornament marbling
- Have a go at marbling a variety of ornaments to make something colourful and original.
Wednesday 6th November: Crochet poppy making
- Learn how to crochet a poppy pattern in honour of Remembrance Day.
Wednesday 13th November: Music tribute coffee morning
- Enjoy live entertainment from Frank Sinatra and Neil Diamond tribute acts on the main stage, plus free coffee and biscuits.
In addition, every Wednesday, senior citizens can also enjoy…
- Chair Yoga sessions to help increase mobility in the unit next to Norton Barrie at 2.30pm.
- “Get on Board” at Basic Kneads – enjoy special food promotions and take part in their board games club.
- A FREE hot drink with any pasty purchased at Carrs Pasties.
PLUS, PLUS! Enjoy lots of special offers and discounts at your favourite stores and food outlets.
Our Wonderful Wednesdays are the perfect way to meet new people, make new friends and stay active.